Senior Account Executive – San Antonio
Entrepreneurial spark. Insatiable curiosity. That’s what drives the public relations, advertising and public affairs professionals that make up KGBTexas Communications. It’s in our DNA.
We’re passionate about creating ideas that reach the people our clients want to connect with, and then moving those ideas into action to have positive consequence in the community. We’re good at asking why, and even better at asking why not. That attitude has taken us far and allowed us to create successful and long-lasting partnerships with our clients, our communities and ourselves. It’s why we do what we do.
We’re proud of our agency’s culture, and we live and breathe our values at work and beyond. And while we work hard, we care harder. We care for each other as individuals as well as colleagues. What’s more, we care about our community. So much so that we created KGBCares, an initiative through which we support nonprofit agencies and initiatives that help bring about positive change.
Bold: Change agent; exhibits confidence; shows courage to take action; willing to challenge status quo
Entrepreneurial: Takes ownership and pride; willing to take risks; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities
Strategic: Change management; quality management; delegation; visionary leadership; managing people
Curious: Asks why; seeks knowledge; looks for ways to improve performance; gathers and analyzes information
Job Title: Senior Account Executive
Job Location: San Antonio, TX 78212
Relocation Expense: No
Reports To: Group Account Manager
Direct Reports: Account Executive, Account Coordinator
Role Summary: The Senior Account Executive is responsible for cultivating and nurturing strong working relationships with clients; developing and implementing effective, integrated communications strategies, goals and tactics; planning and executing successful campaigns; fostering solid working relationships with key media contacts and outlets; and analyzing and reporting campaign performance.
- Collaborates with teams on high level strategic planning including advertising and public relations for multiple clients.
- Fully understands and recommends integrated agency services – media, creative, research, strategic planning, public relations, public affairs and digital.
- Provides strategic recommendations on an ongoing basis to core accounts by leveraging industry knowledge and competitive intelligence that is gathered from various sources.
- Possesses expertise in developing marketing strategies, using marketing research analysis, and actively participates in the creative development process.
- Possesses strong project management skills and working knowledge of costs and timeframes associated with completing jobs. Follow through skills are essential.
- Leads media relations efforts for assigned clients through pitching stories, fostering solid working relationships with key media contacts, and developing/maintaining targeted media lists.
- Maintains strong working knowledge of news, trends, and events affecting clients’ industries. Alerts clients and/or team to relevant information, news and opportunities as appropriate.
- Possesses strong basic financial management and supervisory skills, and basic understanding of cost management in an advertising agency context. Ensures that accounts are profitable and that our clients are receiving value from our services.
- Manages and coordinates all account activities with other agency departments.
- Prepares and distributes client communication materials, including campaign performance impact reports, status reports, billing summaries, meeting agendas, meeting reports, project estimates and other items as needed.
- Possesses proven client relationship development and management skills.
- Supports senior leadership team in crisis communications efforts as appropriate.
- Supports leadership team on new business efforts as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, advertising or a related subject from an accredited four-year college or university.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in public relations, advertising, communications, digital and social media, or a combination thereof
- Class C driver’s license
If you like the sound of our philosophy, we’d like to hear from you. Send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or click here to access the online submission form.