Public Affairs Account Supervisor – San Antonio
Entrepreneurial spark. Insatiable curiosity. That’s what drives the public relations, advertising and public affairs professionals that make up KGBTexas Communications. It’s in our DNA.
We’re passionate about creating ideas that reach the people our clients want to connect with, and then moving those ideas into action to have positive consequence in the community. We’re good at asking why, and even better at asking why not. That attitude has taken us far and allowed us to create successful and long-lasting partnerships with our clients, our communities and ourselves. It’s why we do what we do.
We’re proud of our agency’s culture, and we live and breathe our values at work and beyond. And while we work hard, we care harder. We care for each other as individuals as well as colleagues. What’s more, we care about our community. So much so that we created KGBCares, an initiative through which we support nonprofit agencies and initiatives that help bring about positive change.
Bold: change agent; exhibits confidence; shows courage to take action; willing to challenge status quo
Entrepreneurial: takes ownership and pride; willing to take risks; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities
Strategic: change management; quality management; delegation; visionary leadership; managing people
Curious: asks why; seeks knowledge; looks for ways to improve performance; gathers and analyzes information
Job Title: Account Supervisor – Public Affairs
Job Location: San Antonio, TX 78212
Relocation Expense: N/A
Reports To: Partner
Direct Reports: Associate Account Executive, Account Coordinator
Role Summary: Actively supervises (and leads if necessary) all aspects of public affairs work and manages the team of account members.
- Supervises development and implementation of client public affairs goals, plans strategies and tactics.
- Edits and reviews work product (press materials, etc.) as necessary to ensure strategic accuracy.
- Produces quality written content for clients and the agency.
- Maintains the profitability/performance of the accounts.
- Manages and mentors’ public affairs staff as necessary in the implementation of public affairs tactics and general account maintenance.
- Manages client expectations regarding budget and account work.
- Aggressively manages budgets through weekly and monthly review of detailed billing reports; alerts fellow leadership to challenges or issues with budgets.
- Oversees the reporting of PA efforts to the client and fellow KGBTexas leadership on a regular basis.
- Supervises preparation and distribution of client communication materials including weekly status reports, billing summaries, meeting agendas, meeting reports/recaps, project estimates and other documents as needed.
- Coordinates with creative department personnel in the development of marketing collateral as needed for existing public affairs’ clients.
- Attends weekly staff meetings and assists Partner in conducting weekly public affairs team meetings as necessary.
- Responsible for all client processes and billing in Advantage. Ensuring all communication and billing is correct and done efficiently.
- Provides input into the development of all strategic planning for public affairs department including account alignment, organizational charts, etc.
- Assists in the screening and interviewing of potential new employees/interns as needed.
- Develop community relations awareness by staying abreast of current news; liaising with chambers of commerce, city officials, area business councils; attending community events as appropriate, etc.
- Develops and maintains relationships with the media on behalf of the agency.
- Supports fellow leadership team members in crisis communications efforts.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in communication or related discipline from an accredited four-year college or university.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience.
- Valid state driver’s license.